Vodice, 09 - 12. November 2017.
The 15. Regatta Jabuka is organized by the Sailing club Tijat – Vodice, under competence of the Croatian Sailing Federation and the overall authority of the World Sailing (WS).
The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing.
The following rules will also apply:
a) International Measurement System IMS
b) ORC Rating systems
c) Offshore Special Regulations for Category 3 without life raft
d) From sunset to sunrise, the International rules of avoiding collisions at sea apply, which changes the rules of RRS Part 2
e) Notifications of the race committee and organizer that will be posted at least 2 (two) hours before the start of the race.
If there is a conflict between languages the Croatian text will take precedence.
The right to participate (eligible):
- monohull boats longer than 9.40 m (LOA) with valid sailing license.
- boats with a valid ORC Club or ORC International certificate for 2017.
- boats with trapezes, sliding platforms that are not an integral part of the hull construction.
Competitors shall comply with WS Eligibility Code. Regatta is open to all sailors, all crew members must be verified at their national sailing authorities. Skipper must be verified at least two years ago.
All entrants will be divided to groups by the LOA, for each full meter from 9.40 m and still one group within the group OPEN. If there are less than three boats in a group, they will be attached to a larger group.
ORC club group can be divided into groups depending on the number of boats. Criteria for the classification of the group will be GPH.
Monotip group – with organizer permition.
Boats can register and participate in all groups (Open, ORC).
All boats are competing for the fastest sailboat in real time prize.
Dividing by groups can not be grounds for redress.
Length (LOA) is measured between the two vertical lines passing through the endpoints of hull construction, excluding the rudder, spi pole, bow sprite, rails, platforms, and other supplies that come out of the hull construction. Length over all is taken as criteria for divisions.
The owner or skipper sign for registered race length over all, in good faith, respecting the rule 69 (RP).
Pre entries form should be submitted to the organizer (with the copy of certificate 2017 - for ORC club) by on-line entry form, e-mail , fax, or personally delivered to the race office no later than Friday 10.11.2017 to 17:00 h.
All applications must be personally certified by the skipper on the day of the race at the race office, at Friday 10.11.2017. to 17:00 h, upon payment of registration fee.
Entry fee is 150.00 Kuna per person and 300.00 Kuna per boat for the OPEN division (all boats) - paid upon registration at the race office.
Monotype group – organization committee will allow forming of this group with providing additional payment of 5000,00 kn.
Participation in all divisions (ORC) will be charged additional 200,00 Kuna for each class per boat.
The RC controller must inspect the boat and sign a form before the official registration.
RACE COURSE „REGATTA JABUKA“ 2016
A: Vodice - O.Komorica - O.Jabuka - O.Blitvenica - Vodice
B: Vodice - O.Komorica - O.Jabuka - O.Mulo - Vodice
EACH check point can be an auxiliary finish, depending on weather conditions.
The organizer keeps the right to change the course , that will be posted on Notice board.
Thursday, 09th November 2017.
- arrival and registration
- traditional unofficial dinner on boat Ina (18:00 h)
Friday, the 10th November 2017.
- arival and registration
- control of boats and registration until 17:00 h
- start the race from 20:00 h +24 h
Sunday, 12th November 2017.
- time limit for finishing 10:00 h
- price giving with a special program at 12:00 h in hotel Olympia
WS Advertising Code will apply. Competitors & boats advertising will be without restriction. Event Advertising by the organizing authority will be: Bow numbers with advertisement which have to be displayed as forward as possible on the both sides of the first 20% of the hull. The Organizing Authority may also require the installation, at no cost to competitors, onboard video cameras, or global position devices.
CATEGORY OF RACE AND BOAT EQUIPMENT
Regatta "Jabuka 2017" is Race category 3, according to special safety regulations WS (WS Offshore Special Regulations for Race. Races Category 3).
List of equipment that must be on boat before official registration:
- Storm mainsail (unless the boat does not have a sufficient number of the reefs min. 2 or roll mainsail) and storm jib if the boat does not roll genoa
- Stable VHF radio
- VHF mobile device (Motorola) shall have a masthead or stern antenna cable, ready for immediate use (will be controlled)
- Manual bilge pump
- Pyrotechnic signals shall be provided conforming to SOLAS LSA Code Chapter III Visual Signals and not older than the stamped expiry date (if any) or if no expiry date stamped, not older than 4 years.
- Lifejackets for all crew members
- Lifelines required in Special Regulations shall be "taut", Safety Harness for all crew members
- Rigging cutter (tool for quickly cutting cables)
- Lifebuoy with a self-igniting light with floating rope
- Two solid buckets
- Navigation lights (with batteries)
- Two waterproof hand-held flashlights with extra batteries
- Fog horn
- 2 anchors together with a suitable combination of chain and rope, all ready for immediate use
- Taps for Kingston (intake valves)
- First-aid kit
- Navigation Charts
- Radar reflector
- Inboard propulsion engine
- Fuel for engine (min. for 100 nautical miles)
- Water (drinking) for all crew members for 2 days
- Navigation lights
- A sufficient number of fire extinguishers (min2)
Note: If you control sailboat RO finds some irregularities that may affect the safety of navigation reserves the right to exclude boat from the same race.
Trophies will be awarded in each class to:
- the best three boats in real time and trophy "Jabuka"
- the best three boats in each group for Open class
- the best three boats in ORC club class
- Organizer may also give additional prizes.
DISCLAMER OF LIABILITY
All those taking part in the regatta do so at their own risk and responsibility. The organizing authority, SC Tijat, CSF and any other party involved in the organization of the „ REGATTA JABUKA 2017“ disclaim any and all responsibility whatsoever for loss, damage, injury or inconvenience that might occur to persons and materials, both ashore and at sea as a consequence of participation in the event. Each boat owner or his representative accepts these terms by signing entry form. The attention of competitors is drawn to WS Part 1 Fundamental Rule 4: A boat is solely responsible for deciding whether or not to start or to continue racing.
Tel: 00385 (0)22 445 000, 442 370
Fax: 00385 (0)22 445 070, 442 470
Mob: 00385 (0)98 236 590
Remark: Please download and fulfill this entry form before making official registration to the race to avoid unnecessarily waiting in Racing Committee office!